Come join the crew at Wild Haven Farm and learn to build the Sucovich chicken tractor. We will be building 7 of these tractors to house almost 200 chickens on pasture starting in April!
There are two main styles of chicken tractor, the John Suscovich and the Joel Salatin. Each has its pros and cons. We will be using, primarily the Suscovich design. Will be discussing the designs and our choice in the workshop.
Who should come?
- Anyone interested in learning about pasturing chickens.
- Folks wanting to do a little building and take pride in your handy work.
- Not a builder? Come learn, hang with us, and enjoy the farm.
What we provide?
- Lunch and snacks
- All the building materials
- Table and compound mitre saws
- A tour of the farm
- A formal lesson on chicken tractors and pasturing chickens
What to bring?
- Dress to work and for the weather. We will be mostly outside the whole day.
- Tools (if you have them). Especially a cordless screwdriver and narrow crown staple gun (cordless or air). Also handy would be hand tools like pliers, wire cutters, speed square, etc.
What do you get?
- Learn about the farm and pasturing chickens
- Experience building stuff
- Play with goats!
- Great company
- Some eggs to take home (chickens willing)